Where we can help you turn your dreams into reality
Our aim at Zephyr Sailing is to make sailing accessible and affordable to all. Whether you are:
- young or old
- confident or cautious
- on your own or in a group
- experienced or just starting to learn the ropes in the sailing world
then you have come to the right place!
- Sailing Holidays with a Skipper – join as a single, couples, family or group of friends – charter by the cabin or takeover the whole boat. Go where you want, when you want – weather permitting – and relax! This type of holiday can also be a useful stepping stone for new or rusty skippers to practise skills and to build confidence for independent sailing.
- Sea School – RYA courses – all sailing courses within the RYA framework to learn new skills – operated through No Stress Training – learn to sail in the sun and become a qualified skipper able to charter your own yacht and sail where you want!
- Mile Builders and Rusty Skippers – to give you sailing experience and the miles that you need to move on to the next stage in the RYA framework – a great opportunity for new or rusty skippers to practise their skills and build confidence
- Day charters so that you can enjoy a day out on a boat – and see if sailing is for you!
When comparing different products and prices it can sometimes be difficult to spot the differences. Our unique selling points are:
- Smaller groups – the RYA stipulate a maximum of five students per instructor – we reduce this to a maximum four, so that there is more space in the cockpit and you spend more time driving the boat. You can even charter the whole boat as a couple or group which ensures that you can learn at your own pace with more instructor attention.
- A provisioned and hosted service included in the price. Provisioning and preparation for breakfast and lunch – and even the washing up is done for you! So again, more time for you to spend time learning to sail which is what you have come on a course for. Your only extra expense is evening meals and you will not be expected to feed the skipper!
- As a single your own cabin is guaranteed without paying a single supplement. You will not be sharing a cabin with a stranger.
- Six full days training rather than the recommended five – so more time learning the skills that you want.
- All mooring fees, fuel and water included in the price.
- No high or low season pricing.
We are based in Gouvia Marina on Corfu. Corfu Airport is well served with flights particularly from the UK. There are quick and easy transfers from Corfu Airport to the boat (twenty minutes/25 euros). We are perfectly placed for cruising the Northern and Southern Ionian. From Corfu in the North, to Zakinthos in the south, the Ionian provides a large and varied sailing area. Corfu is also a fantastic island to spend a few extra days at the beginning or end of your holiday offering many beautiful beaches to visit, cooking courses at nearby Ambelonas or even a day trip to Albania.
During the summer months the weather is generally benign, with wind strength averaging 3-4 on the Beaufort scale although wet and windy weather does occasionally appear. These idyllic weather conditions make it not only a very beautiful place to sail but also safe – a perfect place to holiday or learn new skills.
Join us on Instagram